Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shane's second birthday party

Wow, it has been WAY too long sense I posted something.  I can't believe I let all this time go by.  Well enough wasting time, let's get to it.  My son Shane turned two on February 15, 2011 so I planned a party for him on the 19th.  I planned the party to be indoors but the temperature that day was 78 degrees so I had to move it outside.  The theme of the party was Bath time!  Let's start with the invite.
I used my gypsy to create the title with the "all mixed up" cart.  It has letters already in circles so I just welded them together staggering them to look like bubbles.  I cut them out of DCWV glitter paper which is now one of my new favorites.  The waves are also cut from the same paper just blue.  I can't remember where I got it from though.  The duck is cut from the "Wild card" cart.  I cut it twice.  Once out of orange card stock and once out of yellow.  I cut the beak off the yellow duck and layered the beakless yellow duck on top of the orange duck and Ta-da!! Then all I had to do was add wiggly eyes. 
The front the the invite said "Splish, Splash"  as you can see :)
The inside read "You are invited to Shane's bath time birthday bash" and then the place, time, date, etc.

Ok so next I did the same type of welding with the "all mixed up" cart for some more "bubble letter" decor.
The decor across the bottom of the table was supposed to go on a mirror in my kitchen.  When the party was moved outside I had to find a new place for them.
I used Shane's Fish & Splish boat by B.toys as a center piece that I filled with roses and "bubble 2's" on sticks.  The "filling it with flowers" idea I got from one of B.toys facebook fan photos. I wish I would have taken a close up of it.  I wish, looking back now, I would have taken more photos of my creations in general.
                               Rubber duck game                 
This is the same decor as on the table just cut smaller and taped to sticks.  In the boxes are bath time prizes for a game wrapped in tissue paper and tied with ribbon.  If you look behind the "N" in Shane you can see part of an upside down "7" on an orange tag.  I made these tags from the "all mixed up" cart also I just didn't take a picture.  Each prize is labeled with a number tag 1-12.  Each rubber duck in the tub are numbered 1-12 also.  Each kid got to pick two ducks to result in two prizes per child.  The prizes were colored bath fizzes,  bath fizzy dino eggs,  bath finger paints and bath markers.
These were a big hit.


Well that was it for crafts but I want to Share a little more info about the party.  For favors each kid got a gift bag that consisted of loufas, bubbles, washcloth, twisty straw, and a rubber duck. 

Other activites I had for the kids were play-dough (yellow, orange and blue) to make ducks and water.  A bubble machine was also going. I also had a bath time CD playing from the car radio and white helum balloons all over to look like bubbles.


This party was a lot of fun to plan and ever more fun for the kids to enjoy.

2 comments: